Whether you are already a transplant recipient or currently on the waitlist, we are here to support you. In addition to our ongoing efforts to promote donor registration, Midwest Transplant Network coordinates the procurement of vital organs, corneas and tissues with partner hospitals throughout Kansas and western Missouri. We are fully committed to our role in providing lifesaving transplants for recipients across the region.
We work closely with five area transplant centers to oversee the care, placement and transportation of donor organs. Transplant centers in our region include:
- Children’s Mercy Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- Research Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri
- Saint Luke’s Health System, Kansas City, Missouri
- University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia, Missouri
- The University of Kansas Health System, Kansas City, Kansas
Of course, none of what we do would be possible without the generosity of organ, eye and tissue donors and their families. To help transplant recipients express their gratitude to the family members of organ donors, Midwest Transplant Network helps facilitate communication with donor families.